Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Spiritual Sacerdócio (Priesthood) Semana (Week)

My people!!!!

I’ve promised myself to tell you guys more about the work here. First lemme start with a fun adventure we went on this last p-day;  Brás (bryce) where it’s crazy filled with clothes and people. We journeyed there by bus and then the metro but made it there safe and returned safe :) Obviously the only thing I bought on this journey was food :) and ice cream that was unfortunately a bit sour....

(not the ice cream, but some flan a member made)

 . . . but back to the spirit side of this email!

Tuesday we had a district meeting that just lifted my spirits immensely! I gave a quick talk about how we can baptize 3 children of God not just 3 random people so we can make our goal. We need to be filled with love and a desire to be like Christ! Then during our practice and training as a district, I just had a feeling and thought to ask for a priesthood blessing. I didn’t know exactly why but part of it was just to receive a confirmation of the priesthood power. My Lider de Distrito gave me a wonderful blessing. He has been such a great leader so far! During the blessing I felt so wonderful and filled with the spirit! My companion then asked for one as well, and during her blessing I just felt the thought, "you can’t deny this anymore" "I’m real, you know it" and I just started bawling. I want everyone to know that, my doubts, my little thoughts of, "why am I doing this, people aren’t going to listen" are gone!!! Every time now I remember this confirmation I am more converted than ever. I KNOW why I’m here and I know it’s the best thing I could be doing. I know He lives and I know because He is so merciful and patient, He continues to give me these confirmations of the spirit. He waters my spiritual seed of faith with the refreshing spiritual spring.

We have been teaching Maria, who cares for her father who is 88 years old, very frail but still has a bit of spunk. We have been trying to help her feel the spirit and have had some great lessons. She has come to church twice and an activity. Her father is such a trooper and made it through all three hours of church yesterday. Let’s hope she is able to progress for this Saturday! If not, the 6th!!

Another thing was the mission wide transmission, we watched it together as the São Paulo Oeste mission last Wednesday and enjoyed it! It was awesome to see everyone again and receive great counsel.



Another investigator is Sisera, who has become very receptive and willing to listen but hasn’t made it to church yet...but has made us cookies (a rarity here) and mint tea that were delicious! She feels as if it wasn’t a coincidence that when she started to doubt her purpose and why so many different people in her family frequent different religions that we showed up. That we didn’t even knock on her door to talk with her but her relative! Cross our fingers she will muster up the courage to come to church with us!

During the chapel open house thing, two young women came in and I got to take them around the church with an RS sister. She explained some things and I did as well until we got to the cultural hall and there we just explained so many things because they had so many great questions. This week we are going to pass by their house! The other day of the open house, Sis Lozano and I tried our best to find people to bring in off the streets but were having no luck...until I felt prompted to stop and talk to a man real quick who was in his garage, giving time for sis Lozano to talk to a girl walking behind us. After I was done sis Lozano was still talking with (Bruna) and I saw a few tears in her eyes. The more I listened the more I understood the complexity of her situation. She explained her religious background was mixed up because of her parents not raising her amongst Christ’s teachings but more Witch stuff until a year ago her boyfriend introduced her to "Christ". She was on her way to talk with her parents about her beliefs and she was so nervous because this discussion would determine their future relationship. If they would ever talk again etc. I could tell she was very uneasy and so Sis Lozano asked if we could pray together. She gladly accepted. Sis Lozano prayed fervently that the right words would come to her mouth in this important discussion, that they would recognize the intents of her heart. After the prayer Bruna just embraced sis Lozano like it was her last hug in the world and me as well :) I was so grateful for this opportunity to find Bruna and pour a little hope into her heart that was drying out from despair. We may not have been able to show her around the chapel but we were able to lift her spirits and show her she isn’t alone, that the best decision she could make is believing in Christ and standing up for Him and what He represents. I don’t know what happened with her and the family but I know we were there in the street to say a simple pray with her.

This last Sunday 4 people came to church, and 2 are progressing! We are seeing the blessings from our priesthood blessing and from our labors. I’m so honored to represent my Savior and feel the spirit every day. I’m beyond grateful for all you guys are to me. Prayer is so powerful! The Priesthood changes lives. Just as I hugged Bruna and felt of her love, know that I cannot wait for His Hug. He awaits to embrace us, but only if we open our arms and receive him. Receive his blessings, tender mercies and children as if it were Him in the flesh. This was a wonderful week. I hope it was wonderful to you as well. Are you seeing it as such? It’s up to you :)

Love Sis Oldroyd, the piano playing priesthood blessing asker




Sis Santos wanted to do my makeup for the mission trasmission thing

No comments:

Post a Comment