Monday, January 18, 2016

Rocky, Wile E. Coyote and Sydney

Rocky, Wile E. Coyote and Sydney :)

Well this week was great! Still trying to take pics but not get robbed or look like a tourist. I found some awesome graffiti/wall art this week, hence the title. It was Sis V's bday this past week and we threw a surprise party and told the whole world it was her birthday. Well, she did little hints here and there for members. It was hilarious and the reason we got so much cake: some carrot with chocolate frosting and some chocolate chocolate. It was awesome and a great breakfast substitute for a day or two.




Now the elders know I play the piano/sing so I’ve become the chorister/pianist person which is chill I guess but this week I have to give a talk for our district meeting, woohoo! During the District meeting we each took a turn introducing the BoM to a family of four siblings and I just started talking about how the BoM truly is for families; that it is ABOUT a family taking this crazy journey for their well-being and because they listened to the Lord. I felt pretty great about that dist. meeting practice ;) This book also is the best study guide to a better life and a better relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ. I want to recognize Him when he comes, so it’s up to me if I will be prepared and know WHO He is and what He's all about!

Sis V and I have been working like crazy here in Novo Osasco. Luckily we found two families! So excited to work more with them.  We also were able to find a very less active member the other day (baptized at 13 years old and barely remembers anything and now is 23) and his wife (20 years old who started "dating" him at 15 yrs.) Unfortunately she is very Assembleia (different religion) but received us well and thought it was cool with our purpose as a missionary. With time, she’s going to love us even more :)

I also hit my 6 month mark this past week! The sisters surprised me with PARABENS as I left the bathroom!  Haha good stuff.



We have been working on an activity here in the ward, an Open House with the new chapel because it was under construction for a year, and now has an elevator, 3 floors etc. We are going to do it for two more weekends. We kept pulling in people from the street and asking for addresses. it was awesome :) Some have awesome potential and its always interesting to hear what people have heard about "The Mormons" like "I thought only members could enter the building" WHAT? Enter, right now! You are totally welcome anytime :)  

Another great thing, I found an abandoned Batman kite!!! or "pipa" in Portuguese. The kids here kind of battle with them, sort of cut the other one off which is why tons are caught on the power lines and stuck in trees. Part of the string is rough so if you pull hard enough it can cut the others’ line...kinda crazy but I’ve always wanted a kite.....



I hope you all are doing fabulous like I am: Drinking juice, eating rice, walking everywhere and weeping for joy on the inside when we are given a ride haha sleeping great, loving electric fans, getting a little redder and loving every minute. I’m so blessed. I don’t know what I did to deserve all this. All I know is that I agreed to go with Christ’s plan. I agreed to have free agency, to have a family, to experience hardship and best of all experience the blessings of the Atonement that literally takes the pain and weight away. I’m so grateful for the courage and faith of Joseph Smith, for the blessed scriptures that all testify of Christ, and all the things we need to do in order to return to Him.

Until next week,

 I’m Sydster Oldroyd, someone with unbelievable blessings.



Know that I’ve felt the spirit many times as I have testified of the BoM truth or Joseph Smith or Families can be together forever, or when a blind recent convert sang us a hymn she wrote....such good things are happening.



P.S. There are so many different insects that enter our home here . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment