Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Feel the Faith

Life continues to be so kind to me. By life I mean Heavenly Father and Christ. I’m learning so much, seeing the hand of God every day and doing things I will probably never have the opportunity to do again. We have so many new investigators, references, and a crazy outdated area book that we have worked like crazy trying to catch up this transfer. We often stop by at a garage mini super market to buy a little loaf of bread or a "doce" (candy) or popsicle or Açaí to keep us going. Summer is starting to approach, which means I really have to start applying sunscreen or I’m surely going to die of cancer.....(I’m already a little red) 



We had a great district meeting, and meeting with all the sisters in the mission this past week! It was good timing too because this past transfer we got 12 new sisters! How awesome is that! We are a little low on sisters so it feels good to have a few more sisters to increase the feminine power! 



In the sister training and I got chosen along with another sister by President Del Guerso to do a baptism invite. Obviously I was nervous but after many of the new Brazilian sisters who arrived this last transfer thought I was almost done with my mission because of my Portuguese! I think that’s good right? I’ve really been blessed with the gift of tongues as I realize how much I’m able to understand and speak. If I were doing this for school that would be a different story but speaking about this gospel and trying to be like Christ really helps me open my mouth. It’s not how fast I am speaking that matters but how my words feel. It’s like the title for this email, feel my faith. Is it artificial or the real deal? (I thought of Confessions of a Shopaholic when I said this (haha) Kirst remember the coat thing?) Anyway, try to have real faith that feels genuine and worth something or is even priceless.


My goal is to buy a ton of different jerseys!! Woo Hoo Palmeiras!

Thank you for the love and support. I love it here every day, even when I have to eat more at lunch and I am completely stuffed but they continue to say "come mais sister" and I listen.

Loves! 

From Sister Oldroyd  

No comments:

Post a Comment